Monday, June 30, 2014

Split Second Book Review

Split Second (Sean King & Michelle Maxwell, #1)Title: Split Second
Author: David Baldacci
Genre: Drama/Fiction/Action
Rating: 4 out of 5

Why Did I Read? So this is the first book in the King and Maxwell series.  I had been wanting to read a book by Baldacci and they sounded like a great series but then I accidentally got the 3rd book....went back in time of the books to start with the real 1st one. 

Summary: After Michelle Maxwell messes up her job with the Secret Service, she needs to fix it. Sean King can totally relate--except the whole fixing part since his guy died. They start on a journey to solve the weird turn of events that are happening around King while Maxwell tries to fix her job, they realize that the cases are related. 

What Did I Love:
  • I liked how the plot just seemed to twist and turn the whole time.  I would think I had it figured out and then something else would happen.  
  • The characters seem to have this likability.
  • It was very well written 
What Did I Hate: So while I liked the plot twists, it almost had too many plot twists...it was almost like--just be done already! I think that things could have been wrapped up a bit quicker so that it didn't seem to drag on.

No comments: