This lead me to think about what could I do to improve my writing teacher ability. I thought about taking a class, but I didn't want to be tied to something with deadlines/money/etc. I stumbled across TeachersWrite on Facebook and I immediately decided that this might be something for me. It will encourage me to write everyday, put me in the position of a student again, and even better: it is geared to teachers!
One of the things that I feel like will make me unique in this group is the fact that I am not working on a novel nor do I plan on coming up with one. I have often thought about doing that and maybe something will start with this exercise. Today's prompt asked us to wonder and to make a list of those wonderings. I have been thinking about it all day and I don't know how many I really have but we'll give it a go...
- I wonder what other wives of the Founding Fathers (other than Abigail Adams) thought of their husband's political careers and the new nation.
- I wonder if I will ever be really crafty.
- I wonder if I will get my house ready for the school year.
- I wonder how people really just keep moving and never stop--like those Energizer bunny people that are always busy and scheduled and seem so perfect. How do they do that without burning out?
- I wonder if I can keep the blogging up during the school year--I wonder if I can have a better outside of school life this year or not.
- I wonder where this journey of writing will take me.
The other idea given out today was to basically make a list poem of the project that we are working on right now. It seems more geared to people who are working on a story....but I guess to an extent this blog will be my story of this journey and it is really my project for this month.
This blog is all of my musings as I think them
I often write about knitting, reading, and teaching
That's how I came up with Inspirefly--it is everything that inspires me.
I started it to get some web presence with the idea of maybe one day having a business.
It became more than that--it became a place to interact with people on a different level
It became a way to express what I was thinking and feeling
It became a way to write
I started this journey to improve my writing
To help my students improve their writing
To give both groups a place to keep writing and writing and writing
I hope that at the end of this month I can look back and say that I definitely learned something.
Looking forward to this amazing journey!
|For more info: Click here|