Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bout of Books Day 4 and TBR Checkpoint #5

Yesterday was a great day because I got to hang out with the book club.  We talked about The Book Thief and picked a book by Neil Gaiman called The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I am excited to read it and see what I think.

Bout of Books

In terms of my reading--I didn't get much done since I spent my evening there.  I listened to both audio books a bit...but not a whole lot to really shock anyone. I am now on the next disc of Matched and I finished the first of five parts of Thirteen Reasons Why. I am a few more chapters into Split Second but I haven't made great progress yet.
2014TBRbutton

With it being the 15th it is also TBR Pile Check-in Day.  I feel pretty accomplished with my list this month.
My list was:
  1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett (2009)
  2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (2006) just finished on Tuesday
  3. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (2010) just finished last Wednesday
  4. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (2007) CURRENTLY READING!
  5. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (2012)
  6. The Perks of Being a Wildflower by Stephen Chbosky (1999)
  7. Matched by Ally Condie (2010) CURRENTLY READING!
  8. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (2011)
  9. The Templar Legacy by Steve Berry (2007) JUST GOT FROM THE LIBRARY
  10. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (1817) Finished in March 
  11. Lady Susan by Jane Austen (1791)
  12. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (2004)
Considering my slower start...having three completed, two in progress, and at least one on deck I am feeling really good about it :)

How are you doing so far this week/year with your reading?

No comments: