Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Book Review: The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our StarsTitle: The Fault in Our Stars
Author: John Green
Genre: Drama/Romance
Rating: 5 out of 5

Why Did I Read? On my TBR Pile Challenge List--and I wanted to read it before the movie came out.  Which I really want to see!

Summary: Hazel has been living with cancer for a couple of years now.  She is trying to keep her lungs pumping--despite the awkwardness of her oxygen tank. Her mom tries to get her to be social--so she goes to a support group.  She meets Augustus Waters at support group, which starts a great friendship that blossoms into more than just a friendship.  But there is still in the back of Hazel's mind....I am a ticking time bomb.  

What Did I Love:
  • The realness of the way it dealt with the disease and living in a hospital.  Personally, I haven't had cancer, but I feel like I understood it a lot more because of this book
  • The writing is PHENOMENAL! The number of one liners in this book was amazing. 
  • When you are in the right mood, a book that can make you cry is great--this is one of those books. 
  • The characters are great and well-written. 

  • What Did I Hate: I loved the whole thing!

    No comments: