Author: Ally Condie
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Why Did I Read? So I stuck this book on my TBR Pile Challenge List because of all the buzz that was surrounding it when it first came out. I wanted to see what all the hub-bub was about.
Summary: Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow. (From Goodreads)
What Did I Love:
- The realistic world that Condie created--I loved this because sometimes these worlds seem a little bit strange
- The details of the world that were needed were given and a whole bunch of extra stuff wasn't--which is great
- The characters were lovable--I really like Cassia.
- The audio book I got had a great narrator and was really well done
What Did I Hate:
- Can't really think of anything....it just wasn't 5 worthy.