Monday, January 5, 2015

Bout of Books Day 1

Bout of BooksSo as the first day of Bout of Books, this is typically when I plan what I'm going to read and set goals.  This time around Bout of Books felt that they didn't want to set goals.  So I'm not going to set goals specifically as a to-read list for this week.
  1. Wish List by Eoin Colfer (Audio book)
  2. Seeing Redd by Frank Beddor
  3. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by 
  4. Book of Mormon
  5. New audio book (Because I hope to finish Wish List during the week)
There are two challenges for today that I thought I would pop on to because they are both pretty low-key and quick to do.

The Book That is talking about New Year's Resolutions with books.  One of the things that I have been thinking about is a challenge that I found out about on Prequel and Sequel Challenge Novel HeartBeat and read some series that I've been wanting to read again/finish etc.
  1. Anne of Green Gables series--reread as an adult--I've done #1-3 as an adult a few times but not past that
  2. Harry Potter series--I've never actually read #5-7 a second time after publishing--I've started #1-4 a few times to go through the whole series and I just have lost steam each time
  3. The Face on the Milk Carton--there was a new conclusion book that I found that I want to read--and I want to go back and reread the first books again
  4. Finish Fablehaven 
  5. Re-read and read Dan Brown Robert Langdon series
  6. Finish Looking Glass series
Caught RedHanded is a Book Scavenger Hunt....the link has the specifics of what to find. This is what I found: 
My finds--explained below
Book with the color yellow: Silver Linings Playbook
Find an author's name with the letter "S": Sarah Dessen--Just Listen
Find a book with a female protagonist: The Face on the Milk Carton
Find the longest book you own: Norton American Literature Anthology
Find a book with a map in it or on it: Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Find a book with a face on it: Anne Frank the Diary of a Young Girl 
Find something on your shelf that isn't a book: My bookshelves have a lot of things on top--typically shoe boxes that store mementos/scrapbook items

Excited for the upcoming week of reading!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great finds! I love Silver Linings Playbook and Sarah Dessen's books. :) Thanks for playing along.
Stefani @ Caught Read Handed