Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Bout of Books Day 3

Bout of Books
Day 3 :)
So here we are on day 3...just got done with an awesome Twitter chat! In terms of my progress yesterday--I did not get very far, probably about a half an hour of reading on the drive.  I need to really close this computer, turn off the noise and loose myself in a book! I should probably grade a bit too--or clean--or something.  My idea of getting going on the first full week of the New Year with all of these new habits is NOT going well! Okay self-ranting moment over.

The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars, #1)
From Goodreads
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
From Goodreads
Today's challenge is a character coupling hosted by Writing My Own Fairy Tale.  The idea is to hook up characters from two different books.  Sounds like fun, though it took me a bit to think of who to connect.  I would totally hook up Harry Potter with Alyss Heart, because of what they have in common but also how different their lives are.  They both use magic, have both lost their parents of were killed by their arch nemesis and have to fight the arch nemesis for control over their domain.  They also both know what it is like to live in a non-magic world.  However, there are differences in how their magic works, and I think they would both benefit from having someone that understood their past experiences and support the sacrifices they have to make.

No comments: