Thursday, April 3, 2014

C is for Coursera

One of the things that I have been doing a lot this year is learning. I am a bit of a nerd.  I want to be in college still...going to lectures...learning at the hands of experts....reading books about various things.  HOWEVER! I do NOT want the stress.  I also do NOT want to pay for it.

So....I came across this awesome little website a few years back...Coursera.  I have mentioned this sometimes on here (a paper I wrote, connection from class, and a movie review).  But I thought it fit into my great catch-up theme....because this has really taken the place of my 365 blog challenge last year.  I got really really really ambitious with what I was going to learn about.

In the last few weeks, I have really had to cut back on what I was taking because it was causing the stress that I wanted to avoid.  I have learned that sticking to the schedule as best I can, especially working for the certificates keeps me motivated to follow through.  But the deadlines were getting to be too much--so I dropped a lot of classes.  I can take them again if they are offered again later, and I can focus on the ones that I really really enjoy.

It makes me think about getting my masters...but this really satisfies my desire to learn.  How do you stay being a life-long learner?

No comments: