Saturday, April 5, 2014

E is for Empowered

One thing that I have been wanting to catch-up on with this blog is my quotes.  I know that sometimes during my 365 project, this was what I used on nights that I couldn't think of a thing to write about.  And honestly....I kind of was thinking that when I realized I didn't have a word for E.  I started thinking that quotes empower us.  That is why I love quotes so much (as evidenced by my Pinterest board).  Today I have been watching the General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  As a result, a lot of great quotes have been sticking out to me.  Those of you that aren't familiar with conference, think of it as a great weekend to be taught by smart men and women. Some people this time have been comparing it to TED talks....and I'm like yeah that's totally true! So today, I will share some quotes that I have loved recently. And give you my little commentaries as always :P

The only things that really need to be accomplished in the home are: daily scripture study, and prayer, and weekly Family Home Evening. Linda S. Reeves #LDSConf #MormonWomenStand
Source: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/128915608058139676/
This one was from today. I LOVED this quote.  As women, we often try to make sure that we get what we need to done--she only gave us three things.  We can do that!

We almost certainly will fail—at least in the short term. But rather than be discouraged, we can be empowered because this understanding removes the pressure of being perfect right now. — Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Source: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/128915608058140719/
This is the quote that actually inspired the word empowered. This is a great quote to remember because with it I can remember that I don't have to do EVERYTHING I don't have to be perfect.  I just need to do my best and in so doing I am empowered to become a better person.

my new life matto Want it bad even if i don't get it I'll say it like some people say that's what she said everyday | See more about vinyl lettering, quotes and funny office.
Source: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/128915608058103974/
I saw this one recently and I just loved it.  I am always looking for great quotes about trying.  This one is great. Especially for my students.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an empowering post! I love the pic about the arc and the titanic. Stopping by to share some A to Z love.