Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Bout of Books Day 2

As I posted on Day 1's progress...I am starting to see my prediction of two books being read this week coming true.

I read/listened the Book of Mormon--starting Mosiah, which is one of my favorite sections as we listen to King Benjamin's speech.

I read/listened some of Year of Yes and I love it. I love listening to memoirs read by the authors because the words really come alive--it is like they are telling me about their life.  I don't know if I could read a memoir after I have done two as audio books.  And this one is more of an advice book too and I'm learning so much and feeling edified--it's awesome.

I did read a little bit of Courage and Defiance while my students read--that's one of my favorite things if they will let me. So I got to start it and get a good 15 pages in.


Today's challenge looks really fun--it's a game of Would You Rather...from Writing My Own Fairy Tale
Would you rather:
Lend books to someone who dog-ears pages or to someone who reads with cheesy Cheetos fingers?
Would you rather:
Be able to meet one character of your choice or meet one author of your choice?
Would you rather:
Never be allowed in a book store again or never be allowed in a library again?
Would you rather:
Have to choose one of your favorite characters to die in their book or have to pick one of your favorite couples to break up in their book?
Would you rather:
Be required to read Twilight once a year for the rest of your life or The Scarlet Letter once a year for the rest of your life?
1. Dog-ears....cheesy fingers are nasty and licked
2. Gosh this one is hard...I think author because they are actually living and the characters are in my head and might not live up to expectations.
3. Book store--if I can't buy that's okay it will save my money--library just keeps me from books
4. Probably die because at least they would probably die happy and that would mean the end of the story instead of the end of the happiness of the character and depressing books
5. Twilight--Scarlet Letter is awful

Thank you Amazon for the pic
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

Brian Hawks said...

I guess I need to re-read the Scarlet Letter... I kinda liked it when I read it in high school :) Of course, I've never read the magnificence that is Twilight...