Saturday, January 23, 2016

Peace I Leave With You

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”--John 14:27

This is the scripture repeatedly given in President Hunter's message for my lesson tomorrow.  The Lord is truly there for us if we just ask Him.  He will not leave us alone to do this life by ourselves.  It is very easy for me to get overwhelmed and discouraged--especially with my job.  I know my job is what I am suppose to be doing (most of the time I feel that way at least), and I couldn't do it without the support that I can feel from the Spirit.  

After being at work for 8 hours today and coming home with a TON of grading to do, I really started to feel overwhelmed.  I had downloaded the lesson to think through and listen to while I drove home and I felt better by the time I was done.  I was still exhausted, and if I thought too much about it the overwhelming feeling and stress were still there, but the peace that it will all be alright eventually just had to keep coming to forefront as I worked on tonight's lesson.

Thank you Google for helping me find this picture.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Aloha from Hawaii. I discovered today about 20 comments from the A to Z Challenge 2013 that were in my spam folder in Disqus. Yikes. This prompted me to review all of my comments and see if I had reciprocated the ones from the 3 A-Z Challenges. Oh my. So, I’m visiting today to say thank you. Courtney – Maui Jungalow blog.