Thursday, January 14, 2016

Remembering Alan Rickman

This was just a huge shock today to learn of Alan Rickman's passing.  He really made the character of Snape come alive for me.  I am currently listening to the first Harry Potter book again, and even though we don't know Snape very well at this point technically, I feel like I have a much better understanding of him as a person because of the portrayal that Rickman had in the movies.  He is one of those characters that I think is better on screen--the body language really helps us to understand the character.  And honestly it was his voice too.  They could not have casted someone who would have done as great a job.

Today seeing all of the things online, I didn't realize that he was in a Sense and Sensibility movie, so I might have to see if I can track that down.  I was going to wait until I finished listening to the books all the way through again, but I might just break down and do a Harry Potter marathon while I grade this weekend so that I can honor the memory of a great actor!

My favorite quote that I ever saw attributed to him....to bad he won't ever get to be 80 in that rocking chair...

No comments: