Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Outside the Window

Today I decided to track down one of the writing prompts that are on the main lists floating around Pinterest.  This list has 365 Creative Writing Prompts.  The prompt is:
What’s the weather outside your window doing right now? If that’s not inspiring, what’s the weather like somewhere you wish you could be?
It is winter in the Uintah Basin (Utah) which either means one or two things.  There is a ton of snow on the ground or it is bitterly cold outside.  With this year being an El Nino year, we have had a lot of snow--like days on end of snow at some point.  We got pretty pounded today, but a lot of melted so I'm not sure how much we actually got but I would say at least 2 inches on top of the foot already on the ground outside my house. My phone says it's 21 degrees outside, which is actually not that cold.  If we don't gain any cloud cover tonight it will probably bitterly cold in the morning.  Not excited about that at all.

I would love to be some place where I could go to the beach anytime I wanted.  All the white/grey is starting to get old.  This is the beach that would be great to go and sit and just read all day.  No work, no responsibilities, and warm weather with no stuffy noses and coughs.

I know it is generic....but this picture looks like a great idea


No comments: