Saturday, February 2, 2013

Book Review: Feels Like the First Time

Feels Like the First Time: A True Love Story


Title: Feels Like the First Time
Author: Shawn Inmon
Genre: Kindle E-book/Romance
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars (explanation of ratings)

Why Did I Read? I saw it on the free list on Amazon Kindle.  It was based on a true story and it looked like it might actually be good.  When I had my long stressful days of driving this week, I felt like reading something that takes no thinking or focus--which is what romances are good for.  So I read this in two days.

Summary: Shawn meets the girl next door: Dawn, she is three years his junior.  They start out as just friends, but that eventually turns into more than that.  They begin to date, with the blessing of her parents--to a certain extent her mom pushed them together.  But after one stupid night, Dawn gets pregnant.  They are forbidden to see each other ever again by the parents.  Fast forward years later, both have been married and they happen to run into each other. What will happen now after so many years?

What Did I Love: It is clearly written from the heart.  The author is simply just writing for the enjoyment of writing, and you can tell.

What Did I Hate: I didn't really hate anything, but it got the lower star rating because it is really just a story.  It didn't blow me away...but it wasn't bad.  It satisfied my easy reading desires.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Kim;

Just stumbled across your review of my book and wanted to say "thanks" so much for taking the time to read and review it. I read and review books on my own blog, so I know the time it takes, and I really appreciate you giving independent writers like myself a review. Many blessings,

Shawn

Unknown said...

Thanks Shawn for the comment...I didn't ever think you would see this post, so I am honored that you did.

Unknown said...

I think I "stalked" you back from your Goodreads review. I am in the process of writing a follow up book to Feels Like the First Time that will re-tell the same events as the first book, but this time from Dawn's perspective. It's going to be called Both Sides Now. If you have any thoughts I can keep in mind as I am writing it, I am very open to listening.