Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Classics Club List!

The Classics Spin!I thought that I had joined The Classics Club already...I follow them on Twitter, did the read-a-thon earlier this year, and read fellow member's blog posts.  However, I realized earlier this week that I am not officially a member, because I haven't joined officially or created my book list!  So today I am rectifying that situation.  I am going to post my list of 50 books below.  I am going to try to read all of these books by the end of 5 years (so December 31, 2017) and then start with a new list of 50, especially if I finish early.  I like that I can easily read 10 in a year. Though as I make this list...a lot of them are goals for this year. In terms of how I made this list--it included ones that I want to read this year but also ones that I have always wanted to read but never have. Well, I am considering myself already started...so I have linked my review from Sense and Sensibility below.



  1. Sense and Sensibility  by Jane Austen  review
  2. Persuasion by Jane Austen
  3. Mansfield Park  by Jane Austen
  4. Emma by Jane Austen
  5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
  6. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen review
  7. Lady Susan by Jane Austen
  8. The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens
  9. Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray
  10. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
  11. Anthem by Ayn Rand
  12. We the Living by Ayn Rand
  13. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte review
  14. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  15. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury  Finished sometime in Fall of 2014 
  16. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  17. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
  18. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
  19. Animal Farm by George Orwell
  20. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
  21. A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
  22. The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe
  23. The Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allen Poe
  24. The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allen Poe
  25. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  26. Little Men by Louisa May Alcott
  27. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
  28. Bleak House by Charles Dickens
  29. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
  30. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
  31. Hard Times by Charles Dickens
  32. The Brothers of Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevesky
  33. The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  34. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
  35. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  36. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
  37. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
  38. Kim by Rudyard Kipling
  39. Beloved by Toni Morrison
  40. 1984 by George Orwell review
  41. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  42. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
  43. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
  44. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead by Tom Stoppard
  45. Dracula by Bram Stoker
  46. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
  47. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemmingway
  48. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
  49. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
  50. Echoes from the Macabre by Daphne DuMaurier


5 comments:

Riv said...

I like your list! I've purchased the Complete Sherlock Holmes and it's so big I'm thinking it'll take like 3 years to read maybe... :)

Good luck with your 5-year project!

Christine said...

Great choices -- Every time I look at a Clubber's list, I want to add more books to my own list! What I really should do is get reading...

Unknown said...

Thanks Christine and Riv! @Riv--Yeah, I hope I haven't set myself up for failure! @Christine--I know what you mean about just getting to the reading!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you joined in! You've come up with an amazing list!

Anonymous said...

You have a great list! I have read a few of these and was not really disappointed with any of them,,,other than maybe 1984. Happy reading, see ya 'round!