Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chicken Tomato Pasta Recipe

So I made dinner today....this gets a blog post because I do not regularly make dinner.  It is not actually my recipe...I got it from a freebie cookbook from Sam's Club.  I have done my own little twist on it though....so here it comes:

Its in that container because I was taking it to someone so its not on the pasta either...
It might not be the greatest picture but its better than nothing
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken breasts (usually large!)
2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (I don't really measure this...just do it until you feel like you have enough)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and ground pepper
Mozzarella Cheese (to sprinkle on top)
Pasta (I do spaghetti so its easy)

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.

Brown chicken breasts in a skillet for 3-4 minutes per side.  Add tomatoes, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.  Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10-15 minutes.  Make sure the meat is done (if you have a thermometer apparently 165 degrees)

Put the chicken on top of the cooked pasta and sprinkle with cheese as desired.

Its yummy can't you tell :)

No comments: