Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Quote to Ramble about Today

So I have been actually home for like two hours today and I have to go to bed soon.  But I need to write something quick!  I saw this quote on Twitter the other day and it struck a chord with me: You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.--Mae West

Sometimes I wonder if I live life "right". How would you define that? I feel like I complain a lot--and am really busy a lot.  Yesterday for a Church activity we did this like "speed dating" get-to-know you game and one of the questions that they asked was "If you have six months to live, what would you do first?"  The first thing that popped into my head was to quit my job!  Ever since then it has gotten me thinking--if I would quit my job if I knew I just had a little time left--why am I still there?! Rationally I know that I'm suppose to be...and if I really had 6 months to live then I would be filling my time with worthwhile time with family and friends which you can't do 24/7 if you're not going to be dying soon--you need money to live.  But I wonder what job would anyone want to keep doing so that they "live life right"?

Because there really isn't a better picture for this post than family....
Happy Birthday to my little sister!!! 


No comments: