With it being Sunday, we take a day off from A to Z Challenge...so I bring my current events post to Sunday for this month instead of Friday :)
5. Margaret Thatcher died...a great example to women everywhere---you can run a country! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1034634/Lady-Thatcher-honoured-State-funeral.html
4. The weather!! Goodness gracious...how crazy is it? This was my "favorite" video from the week...I grew up near there! http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/374535/3/Shenandoah-Valley-Elementary-School-damaged-no-class-Thursday
3. Catholic Priest earns Medal of Honor....this is a very cool story. It is great for those that he was with were able to see this awarded http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/catholic-priest-medal-honor-18936141?tab=9482930§ion=1206853&playlist=18936680
2. Gun Control....more discussion this week. The big thing that happened? The Senate voted to debate the issue....and apparently this is a huge deal. I liked SNL's skit last night....and I don't even watch this stuff usually.
1. It would be nice to not have North Korea on here again next week....but I kind of doubt that. Do they have a missile? Don't have one? On Thursday I was "attacked" by my students to find out if our security threat had increased to Def-Con 2 with everything that had happened. The only thing that I had heard was the South Korea had increased theirs to Def-Con 2...if we had it was for a short time because by the time I was able to look it up it looked like we were at Def-Con 3. The interesting thing is that today/tomorrow is the anniversary of the founding. Sounds like another "enemy" that likes to play chicken...
|How long will you keep playing?|