Tuesday, April 23, 2013

T is for Trials


So I am still not back at work....which makes me really frustrated.  This A to Z Challenge has gathered an unofficial theme of "What is wrong with me?!" I am still in pain, but I still don't know what is wrong with me.  Doctor's yesterday was very inconclusive...but we ran more tests.  She did tell me to start trying to eat normal food again--but then I woke up today with the worst nausea ever.  And she did tell me to try to act more normal, but just take it slow and stay home for a couple more days.  So I went to work yesterday for a second to get my grading--but I still haven't touched it today!  I really want to know what is wrong with me. 


This now brings me to my word for today--trials.  Trials make us stronger and give us perspective on things that we didn't think of before.  I felt right away with this adventure that it would all make sense as I went through it and I thought I would share a little bit of what I have learned so far.

1. I never thought that I would say this but I am really really wanting to go back to work.  I am grateful that I have something that takes me out of the house every day.  I have always had a special place in my heart for my students but sometimes they drive me crazy.  Now I just really want to go back to helping people.

2. I really needed a break--and I probably wasn't going to give it to myself.  Despite the not knowing I have been able to really just relax--yes some moments I have been frustrated that I can't clean my house or get something done but I have a perfect excuse to just lie around.  I should really take advantage of it.

3. If I felt under-appreciated at work before, they are starting to get what I do every day and it is nice to know that I am very much missed.  Hopefully I am back there soon!

1 comment:

Patty Fingers said...

I laughed at the idea of your Dr. Telling to try and act more normal.