Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Quote To Share

So today I gave the shortest talk of my life in Church....it was about two-three minutes long.  In the LDS Church, we don't have a pastor that gives a sermon every week. Ordinary members of the congregation are asked to speak at different weeks on different topics.  Usually they are a lot longer than two-three minutes, I prepared up to fifteen minutes though I expect to only really give five of it.  So today was really really fast!

I shared this quote as part of my talk....and thought I would share it today
President Ezra Taft Benson once said, “Give me a young woman who loves home and family, who reads and ponders the scriptures daily, who has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon. Give me a young woman who faithfully attends her church meetings, who is a seminary graduate, who has earned her Young Womanhood Recognition Award and wears it with pride! Give me a young woman who is virtuous and who has maintained her personal purity, who will not settle for less than a temple marriage, and I will give you a young woman who will perform miracles for the Lord now and throughout eternity.”
As a young woman, I heard this quote and thought that promise was amazing.  I wanted to serve my Savior and return to live with Him and my Heavenly Father.  President Benson told me exactly how to do it.  The biggest thing for me to accomplish in that list was to earn my Young Womanhood Recognition Award.  At first this was just a program like Faith in God in Primary where I did the stuff, checked it off, and got the cool necklace at the end.  However, as I went through the program I realized that I was setting a pattern for life.  And this is what I want to talk to you about today. Personal Progress sets a pattern that acts as a foundation for our lives as women. I say women because this program while it is focused on in the young women program is for all women. It helps us to build habits of spirituality, build a personal testimony, build a relationship with Christ, build a way to the temple, and build a better person. I really feel like this program is so important for all women. To learn more visit here and here.

From sugardoodle.net--great resource if you don't know about it already!

No comments: