Sunday, June 23, 2013

Blessings

Today at church, I taught about the blessings of the priesthood in our lives in my young women class.  As Latter-day Saints, we believe that the priesthood is God's power on earth.  He is our Father, and as such is not able to be on the earth to give us the support and comfort that we need.  This priesthood, when used correctly, can help us achieve our potential. I wanted to share with you guys two resources that I used in my lesson today.  This video really describes what the priesthood does for us and how it blesses our lives.


And this quote from Sheri Dew really stuck out to me.  As a woman in the Church, I am often asked if I am frustrated about not personally having the priesthood--I don't need it if I have the ability to receive the blessings from it.
“Sisters, some will try to persuade you that because you are not ordained to the priesthood, you have been shortchanged. They are simply wrong, and they do not understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. The blessings of the priesthood are available to every righteous man and woman. We may all receive the Holy Ghost, obtain personal revelation, and be endowed in the temple, from which we emerge ‘armed’ with power. The power of the priesthood heals, protects, and inoculates all of the righteous against the powers of darkness. Most significantly, the fulness of the priesthood contained in the highest ordinances of the house of the Lord can be received only by a man and woman together”
 By the way...if you're doing this one next week because they are shockingly five Sundays in June and five questions to cover this website has a great handout with this quote.  They have great handouts in general for all lessons.

To learn more about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and any of our beliefs, visit mormon.org

No comments: