1. Proposition 8 was sent back to the lower court....effectively put gay marriage back in California
2. Defense of Marriage Act...the Supreme Court found denying federal benefits from gay marriage unconstitutional
Whether you agree with gay marriage or not...this was an historic week for the Supreme Court--equality has been redefined in this country. It is now precedent.
3. George Zimmerman trial began....this has been an interesting trial to say the least...from witnesses being cross-examined in a way that you would see on TV shows...to knock-knock jokes....to really graphic photos...and an all-female jury...it will be very interesting to see how this plays out
4. Supreme Court found the section of the Voting Rights Act that establishes the states/areas that have federal oversight unconstitutional if not updated
5. Immigration Reform passed the Senate....people said there would be a vote...now it's in the House's court
|They sure had a lot of power this week|
(picture from Wikipedia)