Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Importance of Relaxation

I found this quote today from O Henry:
Each of us, when our day's work is done, must seek our ideal, whether it be love or pinochle or lobster à la Newburg, or the sweet silence of the musty bookshelves. 
I honestly had no idea what pinochle meant..so I looked it up...it is apparently a card game. Not sure what the lobster thing has to do with anything...but I think that when the day's work is done these are what I need to do to relax! That's why I loved this quote.  It has been a crazy couple of days and I am feeling really worn out and stressed out.  So it was nice to find this quote to remind me that I need to take some time for myself.  What do you like to do after a long day?  My list.....

1. Watch some stupid TV...comedies are good
2. Not so stupid TV that allows me to fall into the storyline
3. Eat chocolate
4. Read a good book
5. Knit

The biggest thing is trying not to think TOO much about the day...so easier said then done huh?

William Sydney Porter by doubleday.jpg
From Wikipedia...I wondered what O Henry looked like

No comments: