Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie Adaptations of Books

http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/
Today's Top Ten Tuesday link up is all about movies that took our books and made them new....for good or ill so here is my list

Top 5 Best (for the record, I don't know if any movie will really replace a book)

1. The Pelican Brief--This actually is a pretty good adaptation, but I still like the book better.

2. The Notebook--Stays so close, and I felt like I was reading the book when I watched it!

3. Angels and Demons--Again like DaVinci code it follows it very well, I think even better than DaVinci

4. DaVinci Code--It actually follows it very well.

5. The Time Traveler's Wife--This was a great movie adaptation to a book. (though I highly recommend reading it first! I think it will help the movie make more sense)

Top 5 Worst

1. My Sister's Keeper--This movie made me SO mad!! They changed the ending!!!! Read the book then see the movie if you really want to.

2. Harry Potter #5--Holy crap I could barely recognize the book in the movie

3. The Count of Monte Cristo--I honestly I am not sure why I didn't like this movie....but it really didn't remind me of the book at all.

4. Bourne Identity, Supremacy etc.--I haven't read the books, just seen the movies--my husband has read the books and he has told me that all the movies stole was the basic premise--a spy named Jason Bourne that doesn't remember anything.  That's it! I have been meaning to read the books because apparently they are SO much better!

5. Twilight movies--They really aren't that bad, but the acting leaves something to be desired compared to the books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

totally agree about my sister's keeper!!

http://ilikebigbooksblog.wordpress.com/2013/07/09/top-ten-tuesday-12/