Sunday, July 14, 2013

Talk a Day Challenge: Stand Ye In Holy Places

Even though this is like the middle of the month, I started the TOFW Challenge: Rise Higher last week.  I mentioned in last week's post that I do better when I have some accountability, so I tell all of you guys how I did this week :).  I started with the Young Women broadcast from conference.  Even though I'm in Young Women's I hadn't had a chance to hear the conference or read it yet-sad but true.  So I wanted to make this one a priority.

However, this week did not go as well as I had hoped.  I read all three presidency's messages--Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.  Then Wednesday came with a thirteen hour busy day and I came home and pretty much went to bed.  Thursday I was so tired from the day before still that I didn't read either.  This weekend we were out of town so going to bed late and ugh....still didn't read.  So I was three for seven this week. This week is shaping up to be just as busy if not more, so we'll hope that I can do at least one a day.

But I wanted to talk a little bit about something that I learned this week. With it being the YW broadcast it is all about the theme: "Stand Ye in Holy Places".  These women did a great job defining what a holy place is--specially when and where we can feel the Spirit.  The biggest thing that I thought of this week is that we really need to think about where/when we have experienced a holy place/moment and write that down. These memories can help us out in hard times. This goes along with what Elder Scott said in one conference talk--writing down when you feel the Spirit.  We need to recognize those moments so that we can recognize them when we need them.  We can also create our holy places a lot better when we know what need to create them.  So I invite you to think about where/when was the last holy place you were in?

It was great to learn from these women this week
https://www.lds.org/church/news/young-women-general-presidency-members-instruct-yw-leaders-at-auxiliary-trainings?lang=eng

No comments: