Monday, July 15, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird Day 1

Today I am starting a reading of To Kill a Mockingbird (which will often be referred to as TKAM for faster typing).  This is a great read-along with Roof Beam Reader.  He broke it down that it is about 19 pages a day with different post opportunities.  I am excited to read this book again and offer ideas to teachers for teaching this book.  It is a great book to use to teach a lot of things in English.

So for today I am going to make a quick list for teachers trying to decide whether to use this or not. Basically a list of why they should....and I'm sure I will add to it as I re-read.

  • Symbolism
  • Foreshadowing
  • Perspective (with Scout doing it from adult)
  • Understanding historical context with a book
  • And of course great writing!!
To Kill a Mockingbird.JPG
One of many edition covers you can get...I think each post I might do a different one :P
This one is from Wikipedia

1 comment:

Roof Beam Reader said...

Those are all great things to keep in mind and take note of while reading this! Awesome suggestion!