So the recipe was for Teriakyi Chicken with Vegetables. It looked simple enough--I like the low prep time.
Awesome About It:
- Super healthy. With my husband on Weight Watchers we keep track of this pretty close--I think with the rice this was like a 20-point meal which is a perfect dinner number for him.
- We loved the fresh veggies....no I did not use organic veggies as the recipe calls for because I'm not like that and it was still good
- The sauce was better than we thought--the honey seemed like it might not work but it was actually perfect
What To Change:
- Don't need the reduced sodium soy sauce....regular soy sauce would probably have been fine. The recipe really is just written by a health freak :P
- Def double the sauce...not that it was dry, it just could have used more
- Next time probably brown the chicken in its own skillet and do the veggies in a separate skillet--carrots first because they take longer and then add the broccoli...the carrots could have used more "on the skillet" time allowing them to caramelize
Overall though I highly recommend....and we have lots of leftovers for later :)
|Our leftovers...told you there was a lot :)|