Sunday, August 18, 2013

Quote of the Day

Today is a quick post, because it is late.  Ever have one of those days where everything seems to take longer, and you don't get as much done as you had hoped? Yep..that was me this entire weekend.  I am hurriedly writing this post because I need to get to bed before I wind myself up into an all-nighter trying to get things done--which might end up being tomorrow.  We'll see....but it is all leading up to a plane ride Tuesday afternoon!

So today's quote is:
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. --Mae West
So I had never heard of this Mae West....apparently she wrote risque plays in the early 1900s....but I don't know much else.  But I do like this quote.  We only have one life to live--and we need to accomplish all that we can.  If we work hard, suffer hard, and everything else that we are suppose to do here--then we can say that we have accomplished/survived this life.  It's not so much a live everyday like it's your last so much as actually live your life so that at the end of it you are proud of what you have accomplished.

No comments: