So today's Top Ten is all about making your blog life easier....what tools/gadgets/etc. do you use? I am not sure if I use ten...but I do use some so here it goes.
1. Hootsuite--If you have never used and you want more of a social network presence you NEED to! You sync up all of your stuff (ie Facebook, Twitter) and post directly from there. I can do the same post to both with one click. I can schedule posts to go up at certain times. I can shrink links for Twitter, confirm my picture that shows up on Facebook etc. It is awesome!!!
2. Scheduling on Blogger---I can write a post the day before and schedule it to post the next day. So convenient when I know I won't have time to blog the next day---or at work when I write like three posts in a day so I can space them out a bit. (See our school blog here)
3. Fellow Bloggers--Doing this every day gets easier as I find other bloggers to read and participate in stuff with like Top Ten and Bout of Books!
4. Feedly---I am not using this to its full capacity yet, because I haven't organized everything into my lists--but I love having lists of topics for the blogs....all of my book friends together etc. so that I can see everything easily in one place :)
5. Pinterest!! OH my goodness don't know where I would be without the inspiration that I get from this site AND the ultimate list maker. Seriously like I use to just bookmark stuff or try not to forget about what I saw...now I just save it to Pinterest and I know it will be there later when I want it.
6. Having "go to's"--When I finish a book or watch a new movie--instant blog post...each Friday I do something with current events...or if I'm out of ideas I can think about what I'm doing in school right now and talk about some techniques there.
Well I guess it only ended up being 6.....I have been trying to think of more with little success. Happy Blogging everyone!!
Bout of Books Update for Day 1: Today I started Mansfield Park---jury is still out on whether I like it or not. It took quite a bit of thinking to get all of my characters straight...I have a feeling this one might have the same problem as Sense and Sensibility.....too many characters. I am at chapter 8....so I am still trying to have an open mind. I also did a bit of reading in To Kill a Mockingbird---lots of plane time switching between the Kindle and the actual book. Feeling really successful about today!