Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bout of Books Day 4 Update

Bout of Books
Today there are two challenges with Bout of Books.  The first one was from In Wonderland and this one made me smile.  Hers is a road trip challenge--list books that take place in different places that you would travel to.  I had to smile, because I did this for last week's Top Ten Tuesday.  So I thought that I would link that post here as my participation in this challenge.  So click here to see my original list instead of me boring you with the same books again :)

The other challenge is an I Spy Challenge.  Paperback Daydreamer has a list of things that we need to find in books that we own.  So I am going to start racking my brain and see if I can think of all of these things in the books that I have at home.  I think the hardest thing is not repeating books!

  • snowflakes: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  • flames: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (I think so...I am not confident with this one--but wasn't one of the armies the Flame Army and then there's the whole fighting thing)
  • a city skyline: Texas Hold 'Em by Lisa Cooke
  • the moon: Swinging on a Star by Janice Thompson
  • a sword: Macbeth by William Shakespeare
  • a wedding dress: Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson
  • high heels: Spying in High Heels by Gemma Halliday (note I have not read this...it was freebie on Kindle, so I have NO idea if its any good)
  • fog: Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
  • a Christmas tree: A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
  • sunglasses: Snoopes in the City by Darlene Gardner
  • lightning: Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
  • a tattoo: Downburst by Katie Robison
  • combat boots: The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
  • hand-cuffs: The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
  • a road: The Host by Stephenie Meyer
In terms of an update on progress: today I read a little bit more in Mansfield Park....I am beginning to wonder at what point Fanny will step up for herself...usually I feel like Austen women have strength which is why the books have had such "staying power" but I must not be there yet...or she never shows it--just waiting to see.

No comments: