Monday, August 12, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? August 12th Edition

aaa1 So I thought I would link up with Sheila today and tell you about what I have been reading.  Last time I linked up, I told you about the books that I was reading--and sad to say that really hasn't changed much.  I finished Safe Haven (look here for my review).  But I am still kind of reading To Kill a Mockingbird and Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society along with The DaVinci Code but I got that one on audio because sometimes that helps me to actually get a book done.  If I can read and accomplish something at the same time--like driving or unpacking--then I am very likely to actually finish it.

I have also added Pride and Prejudice which I am reading as apart of Austen in August with Roofbeam Reader but I haven't gotten very far yet. It is my read until fall asleep book---which sometimes doesn't take me very long. Next week is Bout of Books...and I look forward to hopefully setting realistic goals for that week--especially since I will be spending it with family :)

I also have added way too many books to my collection in the last few days.  Saturday I up and bought a book at Wal-mart--which I didn't think I would do.  But I got A Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling--which might be my on-the-plane-non-digital-book.  And then we had a yard sale at work with the old/duplicate books from the library and gained all of the Twilight books (yes I like cheap little things to read sometimes), Whatever Happened to Goodbye (Sarah Dessen is AWESOME!), Speak (Laurie Halse Anderson), and Crime and Punishment....so like 6 books for $5.  Makes me happy! :)

No comments: