Thursday, August 29, 2013

Blended Learning at Cedar Ridge Academy

One of the main things that I do at my school is publish a newsletter.  The students write the articles and sometimes the teachers do, but I put it all together and everything.  I have learned a lot from the previous teacher sponsor of the newsletter and I haven't changed much since she left--which makes it easier to do :)  Our last issue included three articles by teachers on our staff. We have been getting a lot of questions about how exactly our school works with the blended learning of our online and in house curriculum.  Today I wanted to share our handiwork.
Social_Studies_Blended_Learning_Cedar_Ridge_Academy_Therapeutic_boarding_School
A recent pic of me from the blog

Check out our math teacher's article that defines blended learning

Check out my article that answers some commonly asked questions about blended learning

Check out our science teacher's article that explains the day in the life of a teacher here

In other news, I received these beautiful flowers from a mom of one of my students.  She is such a sweetheart, and wanted to express her appreciation to me.  This was a great moment of--"Yes someone notices what I do!!" Check out this picture of me with my flowers on our Facebook page (and feel free to like us while you're there--we'd love that!)

No comments: