Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back to the Classics Challenge 2013


To help me reach my goal of 30 books this year, I thought that I would give this challenge a try! This post will serve as my announcement post.  The rules of the challenge are to read a book in each of the six categories.  You can also choose any of the five optional categories to go with it.  I love the idea of the prize too :)  Sarah said that in the announcement post it is more fun to plan what you are going to read.  I like that idea so here we go...

  1. A 19th Century Classic: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  2. A 20th Century Classic: Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  3. A Pre-18th or 18th Century Classic:  Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  4. A Classic that relates to the African-American Experience: Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
  5. A Classic Adventure: The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
  6. A Classic that prominently features an Animal: Animal Farm by George Orwell
Optional Categories:

    A.  Re-read a Classic: Emma by Jane Austen
   B.  A Russian Classic: Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
   C.  A Classic Non-Fiction title: A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
   D.  A Classic Children's/Young Adult title: A Wind in the Door by Madeline L'Engle
   E.  Classic Short Stories: Three Edgar Allen Poe Stories: The Tell-Tale Heart, The Cask of Amontillado, and The Fall of the House of Usher

I am so excited to get started!!!  Teaching ideas and book reviews to come...most of the ones that I picked I can use in school too :)

1 comment:

Sarah Reads Too Much said...

Thanks for joining!! Don't forget that if a title you've chosen isn't working for you, you can always change your list. I'm all about being flexible :)

Good Luck!