Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 12: I Miss....

So today's prompt is:
What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)
With it being Mother's Day I have seen a lot of great tributes to moms. I love my mom and my family and miss them lots. But I think I might actually do an I miss story about days past.  We often miss times in our lives because they were some how better than now.  Life continues to change around us.  When the current day to day life is hard for us, we have a tendency to look behind us and wish we could have that back.  However, the problem is when we were there we didn't necessarily want it then either.  It is the perspective that time has given us that we think it is easier.  We have conquered that time--now it is time to conquer the here and now. So I try to not hang out in this missing time....but here is my quick list of the times that I miss.

High school....I learned so much and loved hanging out with my friends then

College (like end of it...last three years)...Again I learned so much and I finally figured out how to survive college!

My second year of teaching....I finally had figured out what I was doing...I was working with great people...the school seemed to be right where it needed to be.

No comments: