Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 8: Advice

Today's prompt is:
A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.
So here goes nothing...

Dear Students,

Yep, it's me again--your friendly neighborhood teacher.  I want to offer you some advice as someone who has been there done that relatively recently...treasure your opportunity to learn now and the opportunity to join clubs and learn new things.  I learned so much about leadership in high school and made great friends.

I also learned a lot about myself--what I like, don't like, and what I really believe in.  I know that being in high school is a hard time and there are moments that are really confusing--but stick with it! You will look back on this time and be grateful for what you learned.  And at moments, you will also wish to go back to the simpler times that high school brings.

As high school ends, have a plan.  It is fine if you just want to get a job and work for a little while so you can figure out what you are going to do next.  It is great to go straight off to college too.  But whatever you do make sure that you have taken in all of your high school learning--you're going to want it!  College is a great route, especially if the career you want requires a degree.  Get involved at college. Go to the plays, musicals, etc. because you probably won't have the time/money to go when you get older.  Same with the sports games! Be smart in college--some people think it is just the time to get drunk, have a lot of casual relationships, and there are no consequences.  But there are!

But above all, follow your dreams--high school is a great way to get there!

Love,
Your Teacher :)


1 comment:

Paula said...

I'm just glad you didn't say "high school is the best years of your life" This is all great advice