Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 7: Things I Am Afraid Of

Here is Day 7's prompt:
The thing(s) you're most afraid of
I was a bit struck with a "What am I going to write about?!" moment.  I am not typically "afraid" like heart racing, palms sweating, completely incapable of moving fear.  I find it pretty irrational and I try not to dwell on odd things like that. Courage helps us to move forward, while fear just holds us back.  However, there are things that worry me that most people would probably call fear.  I try not to dwell on them so that they become fears.

My main one today is my health.  I still do not know what is wrong with me (though I have an appointment on Thursday) and the time not knowing and still being in pain has allowed my imagination to run away with me.  What if it is this or that etc. However, we will cross that bridge when we get there. I am hopeful that isn't that big of a deal. Fingers crossed!


Since today was a short post, I have other blog news to report.  I am going to try out Bout of Books next week.  As part of joining up with this challenge I am to post this explanation:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
My goal with this is to actually try to read more in a week than I usually do.  The amount that I read varies...but I don't usually finish one book in a week so that is my goal for this week! I am looking at either reading an Austen book, The Great Gatsby, or The DaVinci Code...unless something else grabs my attention between now and then. I look forward to this challenge :)


Bout of Books

4 comments:

Paula said...

I have you in my thoughts and prayers! Hope all goes well at the doctor

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

A very valid reason to be scared. I hope that all goes well.

And some great books to curl up with! I just listened to Great Gatsby last month but think I'll start it again this week. And of course DaVinci Code is one that's hard to put down. Enjoy!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanya @ Moms Small Victories said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well and in pain. I was diagnosed with a chronic illness after 6 months of pain and the not knowing was the hardest and most painful part. I hope that doctors have some diagnosis for you soon and some encouraging solutions.

And on to happier thoughts, the Bout of Books! Hope you are able to get through a book this week. I'm listening to the Great Gatsby right now and really enjoying it. I have DaVinci Code on my Kindle but haven't read it yet, seems like you can't go wrong with either choice. Here are my Bout of Books Read-a-thon Goals if you'd like to stop by.
Happy reading!