Thursday, November 21, 2013

Book Review: Divergent

Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Genre: Futuristic/Drama
Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Why Did I Read? I have had this on my list of things to read FOREVER...ever since my good friend Christine (who has a book coming out--go look!) suggested that I read it.  The students at school have recently started passing it around as the third one recently came out and we purchased the second book (yay to finally have money for books). So when I saw this for $4 on Kindle, I just had to!!

Summary: Beatrice lives in the faction of Abnegation and she feels like she really doesn't fit in.  Choosing Day is coming up, and she chooses to leave her faction for the daring Dauntless faction. This faction requires her to be brave and stand up for herself. She learns a lot about herself as she goes through the requirements that this faction has, but will she meet them all or will she become factionless? And then what is going on with the faction leaders--there sure seem to be a lot of secrets.

What Did I Love: The suspense and new world that this book creates--it really sucked me in and became quite unpredictable.  It also really has some great morales taught inside it as well.

What Did I Hate: I wish it had some less characters or some better development of all the characters....I feel like it is just one of those how many people can we squeeze into one book?

Can't wait to start the second one!!!

No comments: