Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dr. Seuss LDS Style

So....this year in Young Women's we have been talking about a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 87:8---that says "Stand ye in holy places and be not moved."  And tonight we did a full year wrap up of what the girls accomplished this year.  I will share tomorrow in a different post what I did this year and hopefully get to send off tomorrow :) But today I wanted to share how proud I am of all our girls! And hope that they remember who they are and that they can stand and decide the direction that you head. I made this handout tonight for the girls--because we hope that this is where you end up.

Ugh....so after wrestling with it for like a half an hour--I can't get it to paste in here. Didn't think it would be that hard!  Anyway...I got a picture of the Vernal Temple since it is "our temple" and then pasted this over the top:
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.
About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
This quote is from "Oh the Places You'll Go" and it just seemed perfect to me.  I highlighted the part: "You can steer yourself any direction you choose":--and we stuck them on little shoes...and they looked great and I hoped the girls got as much out of them as I loved making them!