Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful Week Day 3: Books

Today I am thankful for books.  Yes not exactly one you hear a lot....which is what I'm trying to think of for this week.  (Just while I'm thinking about it I am thankful for my family, my husband, the food and clothes that we are able to buy etc...but I'm trying to think outside the box a bit so don't be shocked if you don't see those coming up this week).

So now the real question is why.....because they can take me on adventures.  I have never traveled outside the United States, and I haven't visited many states as I would have liked--so books take me places I haven't been before.

Books also take me back in time.  Sometimes I wish that I lived in a Jane Austen book--but then I think about the computer, heat, women's rights that I have now and I am glad that I get to read them and be there with all of things that I enjoy here.

Books also let me experience the lives of others.  There are things that people get to do in books that I would never get to do in real life or even really attempt to do in real life--like steal things or fight in wars.  But now I can see what it is like and not have to do it.

And my final reason--they take me out of my own life.  Books are a great escape from life.  You can become a different person for a little while and stop being you.  It can be a dangerous thing--so use wisely :) And it can be addicting too--sometimes you can't put that life down and focus on your own.  But I love it just the same.

Some of the top 10 books of 2013 as said by Washington Post 

No comments: