Saturday, November 23, 2013

Movie Review: The Hunger Games

So...yes this is an old movie. I hadn't seen it yet, and with Catching Fire coming out this week I figured it was time.

Summary: In a futuristic world, there were 13 districts that rebelled against their rulers---only 12 survived.  And as a reminder of this rebellion, each district sends two teenagers to fight in the Hunger Games. Katniss is sent from her district to fight and figure out how to be the last one standing.  Her adventure takes her to the shiny capital were she is now an instant celebrity, and she has to put all that aside as she enters the arena to kill 23 other people.

What Did I Love?

  • How true to the book it was.  I didn't feel like I had missed anything and it was actually cool to have a more third person perspective--it allowed them to explain some more things.
What Did I Hate?
  • Peeta was acted well--but I wish they had done a little bit more with his costume so that he was a bit more attractive!!! I really still root for Gale because I really like Liam Hemsworth---like a lot.


I have heard good things about the sequel...can't wait to see it.

No comments: