Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thankful Week Day 1: My Job

So....I am struggling with something to write about this week....because of the holiday I would like to try to maybe schedule some posts---and then this came to me. Duh...it is Thanksgiving--I should really focus on what I'm thankful for.  So I would like to spend each day talking about something that I am thankful for. Today I am thinking about how I am grateful for having a job.

A job means a lot of things.  I don't have to sit at home and wonder what I am doing with my life.  I can earn money to support Brian and I.  With both of us having good jobs, we were able to buy a house and we are able to give ourselves a very comfortable life.

In addition, I can do something that I enjoy with my job.  Yes, I hate my job at times.  But I like seeing the changes in these students.  I enjoy watching the light bulb turn on as the students figure out something new.  I appreciate being the listening ear for students as they try to figure out what they want to accomplish in life and navigate the world.

You laugh, you cry, and you work harder than you ever thought you could.  Somedays you're trying to change the world and somedays you're just trying to make it through the day.
I don't think I've use this one yet....
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1045038_348369811932958_226100660_n.jpg

No comments: