Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays: Recommendations for High School Students

Tonight I thought for Top Ten Tuesday I would do recommendations for my students.  What should I read if I completely hate reading and I am a high school student?!

If you like futuristic/reality
1. The Hunger Games--if you haven't read it you are seriously missing out!
2. Divergent--this one is really good...especially if you liked The Hunger Games

If you like drama/suspense
3. The Face on the Milk Carton--Kidnapping and family drama all in one :)
4. The Pelican Brief--Who killed who? Why did they do it? And there's more by John Grisham too.

If you like Downton Abbey
5. Pride and Prejudice--It is a great story, and a romance to top it off. And if you like that go to Emma
6. Anne of Green Gables--This old-fashioned story has always been really sweet and then I love keep reading the rest of them.

If you like romances
7. The Truth About Forever--super sweet love story!! And it is a high school love story :) And you can read more Sarah Dessen if you like this one
8. The Last Song--Nicholas Sparks is a great author to read...I like starting with this one because it is more high school friendly

If you like historical fiction
9. The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas--It is a great story from a different perspective.
10. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society--I love how this whole book is in letters and you learn so much about history :)

http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/

No comments: