Monday, October 14, 2013

A Book Quote for Today

So I am pulling a inspire quote today....
A well-composed book is a magic carpet on which we are wafted to a world that we cannot enter in any other way. 
This is from Caroline Gordon.  Apparently  she was a prominent literary figure who was friends with writers like Flannery O'Connor, Ernest Hemingway, and F. Scott Fitzgerald.  She was very well read when she was around, but she hasn't survived into present day.  Makes me want to find a book of hers to read!

But I really loved this quote--this is why I love reading and try to get my students to read too.  Thankfully, most of my students catch on with the reading bug and I love it!  But I think this is why movies do very well--it is the power of the story.  But I feel like reading is more of a magic carpet because it is your imagination that pushes the plot forward.

Thank you Wikipedia!
But she looks fascinating

No comments: