Monday, October 7, 2013

Today has been a weird day...

I have debated a couple of different posts for tonight....but I have decided to just kind of vent about the day. It has been a weird day.  This morning I woke up and I had a feel today was going to be a bad pain day....and sure enough I was right.  I struggled climbing the stairs at work and I knew it was going to be a long day.  I managed to survive work through the pain...and I actually felt pretty productive.  Yeah I still have a lot to do with parent-teacher conferences coming in two weeks....but it is nice when I can come home and feel like I don't HAVE to do anything.

I then was hit with two different pieces of bad news from friends...and it just sucks. Sometimes life throws people really hard curve balls....and sometimes we're glad that we dodged and didn't get hit by the pitch.  But other times we were hit hard with the pitch....and yeah we get that free walk to first and that might be great for the game...the bruise still hurts and stings.  Maybe it even takes us out of the rest of the game until we can get back on the horse tomorrow. It is moments like this when I wish we could just all have magic wands or fortune telling ball thingys....just so we knew that everything would be okay eventually.

Then there comes the weird part...I am cheered up by my awesome St. Louis Cardinals winning their game and we are headed back to St. Louis to win this last game!!! And then I am super excited that I unpacked some more of the kitchen...and I figured out a great way to keep my towels for the kitchen.  I don't have a drawer to put them in so they end up in baskets all cute like :)

Brand new towels are awesome!
And then now we have all of the clothes in the house clean.  Yes to mothers with children this is not that big of an achievement.  But for me this is huge.....never at one time are all of the clothes clean at the same time.  I feel very accomplished and proud.

So get what I mean about the weird day....it was like a roller coaster.
blog.lifeway.com

No comments: