Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Top Ten Books to Read During Halloween

Hmm....this one might be interesting but still very important---I just don't read "scary" books so lets see what I come up with.

1. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.....I feel like this is appropriate
2. Harry Potter series....something about magic and wizards says Halloween to me
3. Alanna series (Tamora Pierce)....being a girl dressed up as a guy is not exactly Halloween...but the dress-up part is
4. Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier...the whole is there a ghost or isn't there thing says Halloween
5. Dracula....of course

Okay so I am out of book ideas....but I do have short story/novella/poem ideas

6. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving....of course
7. The Tell-Tale Heart--what's spookier than a beating heart beneath your floor?
8. The Raven---You have to watch the Simpsons Halloween special on this one
9. The Birds by Daphne DuMaurier---They are coming to get you!!
10. A Rose for Emily by William Faulkner--Creepy creepy!

http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/

No comments: