Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Top Ten Books I Was Forced to Read

Being an English major and going through honors English in high school, never mind teaching students Shakespeare...I have been "forced" to read things that I probably wouldn't have picked up on my own and I LOVED!

1. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier--My absolutely favorite book from English class high school
2. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas--It was a great story from high school!
3. Richard III by William Shakespeare--I read this because the festival did it....and it was SO hard to get through at first, but I really enjoyed it.
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee--This is one of my FAVORITE books and I wouldn't have read it without high school English and loved it more with teaching.
5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald--My first exposure and it was great.
6. Macbeth by William Shakespeare--Great story of the tragic hero!
7. Death by a Salesman by Arthur Miller--Great story of the American dream.
8. The Crucible by Arthur Miller--Inspired my thesis!
9. Hamlet by William Shakespeare--I learned what true writing was with this play.
10. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield--A fellow teacher assigned this and I wanted to read it with the students in my Social Studies classes and it was a great book.

http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/

No comments: