Monday, October 28, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? October 28th Edition

2aHaven't hopped on this linky in a while because I felt like I was always saying the same books!  And I'm kind of in this weird thing of reading like four different books at once...but they're all different and for different settings and moods which is how I justify it I guess.  I use to be a strict one book at a time girl....but I guess that's when I read faster.

1. 1984 by George Orwell--This one is for school.  The kids are really really enjoying it so far, and I'm liking the second go around.

2. The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult--This one is my audio book for the car...it turned into an unexpected historical fiction book and I'm really liking it!

3. Divergent by Veronica Roth--This was on sale last week on my Kindle and I just barely got started....I am excited to keep reading. My students are loving this book right now and I want to find out what the hub-bub is about.

4. What DaVinci Didn't Know: An LDS Perspective by Andrew C. Skinner, Richard Neitzel Holzapfel, and Thomas A. Wayment--I downloaded this from Deseret Book after I finally finished DaVinci Code because this is one of those books where you wonder how much of this is true and how much of this was created for the book.  I often don't end up reading non-fiction books often with feeling like I do that all the time for work--more like college...but I think I'm getting over that.  This is pretty well written.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to take some time off from "It's Monday" too because for a couple weeks is a row I was *still* reading the same couple of books. I hadn't thought that it might be because I was reading several books at once!

The Storyteller has been on my TRB list for a while. One of these days...