Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays: Unusual Character Names

Today's top ten Tuesday is all about names that we read in books that are just plain strange.  Here is my list:

1. Katniss--Hunger Games....just weird
2. Renesmee--Twilight/Breaking Dawn....double weird
3. Alanna--Alanna the First Adventure....not super weird but unusual
4. Hermione from Harry Potter....no one knew how to say it until the 4th book :P I always wondered if she did that because everyone was saying it wrong.

Hmm....that was what stuck out right away....its been a long day or I would probably think more.
http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird is an odd one ...
Beauty from Beauty ... also odd
and I think the name Artemis Fowl is just begging to be made fun of ... The rest of ones coming to mind are all fantasy names and are meant to be odd :)

Anonymous said...

Love the name Katniss.. It's actually in my list too!! ^^

My Top Ten Tuesday