Saturday, October 5, 2013

General Conference Part 1

So this weekend, millions of members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, gather together in Church buildings, homes, etc. to listen to the words of our leaders that we believe are prophets, seers, and revelators.  It is an amazing weekend of instruction.  There are five sessions that are two hours each that always seem to go so fast!  Today and tomorrow it will be my whole day, and it is a great weekend.

One of the things that is cool for me this time around is the Pinterest quotes, Twitter feeds, Facebook posts that the Church is doing.  After each session, I have been going to this site after each session to grab favorite quotes all day long. I have been retweeting stuff and pinning stuff all day long! I wanted to share with you guys a couple of my favorite quotes and impressions. So of the three sessions of conference today, I wanted to share a quote from each and why they stuck out to me.

“Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith.”  –President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/128915608057070079/
President Uchdorf is an amazing speaker. He often speaks in clear ways and in his talk this morning he discussed why we join the Church that we do.  Not only do we ask that of people around us through missionaries but we need to ask this of ourselves on a regular basis.  People have their agency to choose the Church or not and some do leave.  Often times we doubt our reasons to have faith, which is why I love this quote.

“Above all, never lose faith in your Father in Heaven, who loves you more than you can comprehend.” –Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/128915608057071334/
Elder Holland is always one of my favorite speakers, along with many around the world.  Everyone waits to see what he will say this time because it is always so powerful.  This time he decided to talk about those with depression.  He recognizes that this is a hard thing to go through as people.  As I listened I wrote down "Never loose faith" really big in my notebook with three lines underneath it--because it is so important when going through these hard times.  Our Heavenly Father really does love us.

“If we hold tightly to the word of God, we will remain on the pathway to eternal life.” –Elder L. Tom Perry
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/128915608057072570/
Tonight, there were a lot of great moments....but I loved this image along with the quote.  Together as husband and wife we need to be reading the word of God and move forward together towards eternal life. Returning to live with our Heavenly Father and our families really is our goal--and we need to hold on tight to that...it is so important to keep this eternal perspective!

No comments: