Saturday, September 28, 2013

Book Review: The DaVinci Code

This is a typical feature on this blog...but also fits into the Tuesday Blogtember post that I skipped this week. So this is a great double blog post....because I didn't post yesterday. Yesterday I ended up with no ability to do a blog post...and I really should have scheduled one earlier, but I didn't get time :( But this is what I did instead of writing...reading :) I finally finished this book!

Title: The DaVinci Code
Author: Dan Brown
Genre: Drama
Rating: 4 out of 5

Why Did I Read? Well...I read Angels and Demons and this is the next book :)

Summary: Robert Langdon is now thrust into yet another controversy as he visits Paris.  While in Paris, he is scheduled for a meeting with a curator at the Louve.  However, that appointment doesn't end up happening because the curator is murdered. While dying, the curator leaves a message that ends up implicating Langdon in his murder, but also leaves a message that grabs his granddaughter's attention. Sophie, his granddaughter, ends up starting a treasure hunt with Langdon that ends up becoming a quest for the Holy Grail.

What Did I Love: I love how Brown really twists the story around.  Even though I had read this before, I had forgotten about some of the twists and turns that he takes the story through.  He is a great storyteller.

What Did I Hate: Hmm.....I honestly can't think of anything....does that mean I should give it a 5? ;)

DaVinciCode.jpg
Thank you Wikipedia!

No comments: